Oman's Galfar raises $34.5m in rights issue
Muscat, October 17, 2013
Galfar Engineering, a major construction company in Oman, said a rights issue to buy new shares was 96 per cent subscribed, raising 13.29 million rials ($34.5 million).
The company had offered 49.50 million shares at 0.28 rials per share to existing holders, and received subscriptions for 47.47 million. Before the rights issue, Galfar Engineering had 330 million issued shares.
The stock last traded at 0.316 rials on Oman's stock exchange. The company said money raised by the rights issue would strengthen its balance sheet and support its growth.-Reuters
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Schön sees business park project on track
- Kuwaiti developer starts Dubai tower work
- Asteco appointed agent for Dubai tower
- Interface named ‘Most Sustainable' firm
- Musanada inks $582m Abu Dhabi-Dubai road deal
- Manara residential project on track
- Duqm completes airfields infrastructure work
- House prices hit new peak, led by emerging Asia
- Tunelling experts to meet in Dubai
- New mortgage rules to drive UAE property boom