Hill wins Qatar museum contract
Doha, October 13, 2013
Hill International, a leading construction risk manager, has won a contract to provide construction management services for the new National Museum of Qatar.
The four-year contract was awarded by Qatar Petroleum and has an estimated value of QR82.7 million ($22.7 million), said a statement.
The new museum has been designed by architect Jean Nouvel is inspired by the desert sand rose and grows organically around the former palace.
The institution will celebrate the culture, heritage and future of Qatar and its people. It reflects and belongs to a new era in Qatari prosperity, the country's prominent role in the Arabian Gulf community and its world standing, said the statement.
The existing Qatar National Museum is currently closed and the new museum which is already under construction is scheduled to open in 2015.
"We are honoured to have been chosen to assist with the construction of this iconic monument to the nation and people of Qatar," said Raouf S Ghali, president of Hill's Project Management Group (International). - TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high
- $1.3bn infrastructure investment firm set up in Saudi
- Manara sees big project villa success
- Global giants eye RAK utility projects
- Cayan partners with international artist Zsuzsanna
- Samsung, Hyundai win $1.7bn Iraq deals