Premier real estate developments named
Dubai, October 10, 2013
The Cityscape Awards for Emerging Markets recognised 12 pioneering real estate developments at a ceremony held in Dubai yesterday (October 9).
Hundreds of industry professionals and VIPs attended the event at the JW Marriot Marquis Hotel, which revealed the winners selected among 27 shortlisted projects from 11 countries.
GCC winners included the Tourism Development and Investment Company (TDIC) for the Louvre, Abu Dhabi for Best Community and Culture (Future) development, while both sustainability awards were snapped up by regional projects – Siemens Middle East Headquarters in Masdar, Abu Dhabi won Best Sustainability (Built) project and Msheireb, Downtown Doha won Best Sustainability (Future) project.
The One AIA Financial Center in China won the Best Commercial and Mixed (Built) Development; Quasar Istanbul for Best Commercial and Mixed (Future) Development; Hotel Indigo in Hong Kong for Best Leisure and Tourism (Built) project; and Ahyaa Amman Boutique Hotel in Jordan for Best Leisure and Tourism (Future).
Other winners included the National Institute of Fashion Design in India for Best Community and Culture Project (Built); Qatar Foundation’s Male and Female Student Housing for Best Residential Project (Built); Windchants for Best Residential Project (Future); Akbati Shopping Mall for Best Retail Project (Built); and Hang Lung Properties’ Olympia 66 for Best Retail Project (Future).
Wouter Molman, exhibition director, said: “The awards this year attracted a total of 283 nominations from across the world, with only the finest 27 chosen to move forward to the final judging day this week. The quality of the nominations this year was incredibly high, and it’s great to see such a diverse range of projects celebrated on a global stage.” - TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan