Omniyat to unveil new-look ‘Opus’ at Cityscape
Dubai, October 6, 2013
Omniyat, a leading developer in the Middle East, is set to unveil a reconfigured version of its landmark project The Opus, featuring Middle East’s first ‘ME by Melia’ hotel at the Cityscape Global event.
Located in the Burj Khalifa district, the Opus will feature serviced apartments designed by renowned Arab architect, Dame Zaha Hadid and signature furniture designed or selected by Hadid.
The hotel will feature Michelin star food and beverage outlets spread across an area of 250,000 sq ft. The entertainment options will be selected from New York, Miami, London and Las Vegas.
Mahdi Amjad, Omniyat's executive chairman and CEO, said: “Inspired by Omniyat and designed by architect Zaha Hadid, The Opus will stand out as one of the most striking landmarks on the Dubai skyline and offer the hotel guests and residents of the serviced apartments a truly classy experience.”
The project marks the foray into Dubai by ME by Melia, operated by Melia Hotels International, a leading hotel company that currently runs more than 350 hotels in 39 countries.
“The 95 m high Opus is a masterwork of design whose repertoire gravitates towards distinction and originality. Brookfield Multiplex has already completed 30 per cent of the construction,” Amjad added. - TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- DWC-Emaar in golf centre deal
- EMart nets $20m from online auction
- Qatar Railways awards $32bn in contracts
- Top regional firms at Cityscape Riyadh
- Habtoor Leighton wins $395m Dubai tower deal
- Bahrain to scrap asphalt subsidies
- UAE bids to host 2018 tunnelling congress
- Bin Faqeeh top sponsor of Gulf Property Show
- Summit to spotlight green building issues
- Cluttons to launch new brand in 2014