Etisalat FM inks deal with Dewa unit
Dubai, September 30, 2013
Etisalat Facilities Management (eFM), an independent entity of the Etisalat legacy, said it has signed a co-operation agreement with Etihad Energy Services and Regulatory & Supervisory Bureau.
Etihad Energy Services is a new unit created by Dubai Electricity and Water Authority (Dewa) that specializes in performance contracting market, while the Regulatory & Supervisory Bureau (RSB) was established to lead regulatory practice in the Gulf region to support Dubai’s economic, social and environmental objectives.
The MoU was signed by Waleed Suleiman, the vice chairman, Etihad Energy Services, Ali Bin Abdullah Al Owais, chairman of Dubai RSB and Mustafa Al Ateek, the general manager for eFM in the presence of Minister of Environment and Water Dr Rashid Ahmed bin Fahd.
The objective is to boost cooperation between Etihad Energy Services and Etisalat Facilities Management in lowering energy consumption of the UAE. This partnership will ensure that eFM will follow the guidelines set by the Regulatory & Supervisory Bureau and Etihad Energy Services.
Etihad Energy Services aims to create a viable energy performance contracting market by launching building retrofit projects to be undertaken by energy service companies.
This increases penetration of district cooling in Dubai, building capacity of ESCOs for the market and facilitates access to financial institutions.
The creation of Etihad Energy Services is in line with the objectives of Dubai Integrated Energy Strategy 2030 that aims to reduce electricity demand by 30 per cent by this period.
Speaking at the signing ceremony, Ahmad Bin Butti Al Muhairbi, the secretary general, Dubai Supreme Council of Energy said: “We believe in the importance of a viable energy performance contracting market as a significant tool to help achieve the goals set by the Dubai Integrated Energy Strategy.”
Stephane le Gentil, the CEO of Etihad Energy Services, said: “We welcome this new initiative taken by eFM to improve the energy efficiency of existing buildings and contribute to the UAE green economy and sustainable development initiative. Through the MoU signed today, Etihad Energy Services is looking forward to a close co-operation with Etisalat Facilities Management.”
Al Owais said the RSB looks forward to working with eFM to realise its shared vision of a more sustainable Dubai. "We welcome all those willing to bring their energy savings expertise to Dubai’s burgeoning energy performance contracting market," he stated.
Al Ateek said eFM aims to play an important role in supporting the objectives of Dubai and UAE in moving towards a‘green’ sustainable economy and decreasing its carbon footprint.
The company, he stated, works on implementing measures that save energy and lower energy consumption through upgrading and retrofitting HVAC systems, lighting systems and any other energy consuming systems in a building and optimization of facilities management with special focus on building assets’ lifecycle.
"It also helps companies and governmental entities by providing integrated solutions that qualify buildings for Dubai Municipality’s Green Buildings criteria, he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan