Indians top investors in Dubai real estate
Dubai, September 30, 2013
Indian nationals came top with an investment of $2.4 billion in Dubai real estate in 2012, followed by investors from Britain, Pakistan, Iran and Russia, said a report.
This was revealed ahead of a major real estate showpiece event, Cityscape Global will take place from October 8 to 10, at the Dubai World Trade Centre.
Exhibition director Wouter Molman said: "Based on the latest report by Dubai Land Department (DLD), Dubai attracted nearly $15.9 billion in investments in 2012, making it a defining year for the real estate market.
"Investors from India, Iran, Pakistan, Russia and the UK accounted for 39 per cent of that figure, investing a combined $6.2 billion in Dubai property," he said.
"The indications in 2013 and beyond are that this increasing confidence will continue, and at Cityscape Global this year we expect a very strong turnout of visitors from all over the world, and in particular from these countries as they look to maximise their investment potential."
The total amount of all foreign investment into the Dubai property sector in 2012 stood at $9.8 billion, he said.
GCC national investors also returned to Dubai real estate in full force in 2012, injecting a combined $4.8 billion into the market. Of that figure, about 73 per cent accounted for investments by Emiratis. - TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed