CPC opens $15m marble factory in China
Jeddah, September 24, 2013
Saudi-based Construction Products Holding Company (CPC) has annoucned the opening of its first wholly-owned special marble factory in China built at a total cost of $15 million through its Global New Material Technology (JI’AN) Company.
With this new investment in China, the company is expanding its production capacity in a major emerging market and will deliver its innovative building technologies more quickly to the growing number of customers based in China, Saudi Arabia and the GCC region.
The new factory built on a sprawling 66,000 sq m of space is being seen as the largest one in China which is expected to produce 400,000 sq m of interior/exterior flooring, wall panels and all interior decorations for all types of buildings.
CPC’s chief operating officer WalidSamaha said: “China is an important market for CPC and we have a long-term commitment and strategic interest in this market. It will also enable our industrial marble business to expand and leverage its global reach, and win market share in emerging markets.”
"This move is part of the company’s ongoing program to consolidate and optimize its global production network and we chose China because of positive investment environments, availability of the raw materials sources and the efficiency of the industry park infrastructure," he added.
Riad Kiwan, the chief operating officer of CPC International said the inauguration of the new ‘GNMT Factory’ was an important milestone for both the company and its customers.
"The new factory will enable the company in implementation of its projects domestically and internationally," he stated.
He pointed out that 50 per cent of the production of the new factory will be allocated for domestic consumption in China, while the rest will be for exports to Saudi Arabia and the GCC countries.
GNMT factory is located in the High-Tech Industry Park zone of Ji’an county which boasts of one of the largest industry parks in the area to produce special high quality marble.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan