Dubai firms plan 5-star resort in Italy
Sardinia, September 23, 2013
Dubai-based destination management company Alpha Tours and Paramount Hotels and resorts, the official licensee of Paramount Pictures, will set up a luxury resort on Italian Mediterranean island of Sardinia in partnership with a UAE businessman.
The five-star project would include 200 rooms and suites, restaurants, a spa, swimming pools and gardens, said a top official.
This is the first UAE private investment venture on Sardinia. The work on the new hotel will begin in early 2014, remarked Alpha Tours chief executive officer Ghassan Al Aridi.
The partners will sign the project agreement within the next few days, said Al Aridi in his comments to Abu Dhabi-based /hotelandrest.com/ website.
“The project will be designed in a way that will suit the taste and needs of tourists from the GCC, Russia, China, Japan, the US and other countries,” noted Al Aridi.
The island normally witnesses tourist rush from the Gulf and Europe between May and October, he added.
The Italian embassy in the UAE is supporting the project as part of its efforts to encourage Emirati investment in Sardinia.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high
- $1.3bn infrastructure investment firm set up in Saudi
- Manara sees big project villa success
- Global giants eye RAK utility projects
- Cayan partners with international artist Zsuzsanna
- Samsung, Hyundai win $1.7bn Iraq deals