Oman to award $156m project tenders
Muscat, September 22, 2013
Oman is set to award tenders worth RO60.3 million ($156 million) for several major infrastructure projects mainly in the shipping, housing and telecommunication sector, said a report.
The major ones include construction of Sinaw-Mahut-A'Duqm (Part II), works and requirements of infrastructure at Harmoul Marina at Sohar Industrial Port and consultancy services for supervision of constructing 500 housing units with internal roads and lighting in the Wilayat of A'Suwaiq in the Governorate of North Al Batinah, reported the ONA citing Dr Rasheed bin Al Safi al-Huraibi, the chairman of the Tender Board.
In the media sector, contracts will be awarded for the design, assembly, supply and operation of two outside broadcasting trucks (6 HD cameras) for Oman Television in Muscat and Salalah besides for supply of printing papers of newspapers and magazines for Oman Establishment for Press, Publication and Advertising.
Tenders for upgradation of devices and database of Oman Telecommunications Company's billing system fwill also be awarded, the report added.
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- UAE bids to host 2018 tunnelling congress
- Bin Faqeeh top sponsor of Gulf Property Show
- Summit to spotlight green building issues
- Cluttons to launch new brand in 2014
- Abu Dhabi’s project spend ‘to top $100bn’
- Israel, Jordan and Palestine ink landmark water deal
- Bahrain wastewater treatment plant upgraded
- Depa names new board directors
- Work to start on new Bahrain social centre
- Indian developer to open Dubai office