27 global developers vie for Cityscape awards
Dubai, September 12, 2013
A total of 27 global real estate developers will present their projects to a panel of 12 judges next month in Dubai for the final judging round of Cityscape Awards, one of the world’s most reputable property awards.
Shortlisted out of 283 nominations from 22 countries, the architects and developers of each project will compete for the Cityscape Awards for Emerging Markets, with the final winners being celebrated at a ceremony on October 9 at Dubai’s JW Marriott Marquis Hotel.
The final selection round for the awards in 2013 will be on October 7, where finalists will have the opportunity to showcase face to face the latest innovations in emerging real estate markets to the expert panel of judges.
Comprising 12 categories, the Cityscape Awards for Emerging Markets will feature alongside Cityscape Global, the Middle East’s largest and most influential international real estate event, taking place from October 8 to 10 at the Dubai World Trade Centre.
The shortlist of projects includes property developments from China, Egypt, India, Indonesia, Jordan, Malaysia, Mozambique, Qatar, Singapore, Turkey and the UAE. The finalists also include winners from previous Cityscape Awards events within the last 12 months held in Qatar, Egypt, and Saudi Arabia.
“The quality of the nominations for the Cityscape Awards for Emerging Markets this year was as high as ever and showed diversity in both sector and location demonstrating a true representation across the emerging markets,” said Chris Seymour, partner and head of property & social infrastructure at consultancy firm, EC Harris, and a member of the judging panel this year.
“Strong entries from Turkey, India and the Far East complimented those from the Middle East with well thought and intelligent developments. The judging day on 7 October will give the panel an opportunity to meet the project teams face to face and will assist greatly in the selection of the winners from what is evidently a strong field of shortlisted projects.”
The 12 award categories include completed projects and projects that are either still in the planning or construction phase across the following sectors: Commercial & Mixed Use Project; Leisure & Tourism Project; Community & Culture Project; Residential Project; Retail Project; and Sustainability.
The 2013 Cityscape Awards for Emerging Markets are supported by Headline Sponsors Flash Properties and Axor by Hansgrohe.
Now in its 12th edition, Cityscape Global 2013 has attracted more than 200 international and regional exhibitors covering 25,000 sq m of exhibition space. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high
- $1.3bn infrastructure investment firm set up in Saudi