$63m Bahrain flyover project on track
Manama, September 12, 2013
A major revamp of the Mina Salman interchange in Bahrain is expected to be completed by the end of next month, said a report, citing a senior Works Ministry official.
Roads special projects section chief Sayed Bader Ali predicted the BD24 million ($63.2 million) project would result in a faster trade route for imports and exports between Bahrain and Saudi Arabia, reported the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
Work started in August last year on a new underpass, flyover, bridge and associated road connections.
The long-awaited underpass is due to be completed by the end of this month.
"The underpass will be opened before the end of the month," said Ali. "Once the underpass is opened it will free up more areas that we can work on. The second phase of the project is to focus on the at-grade bridge, which is the slab that can be seen above the tunnel," he noted.
He said work was taking place 24 hours a day, seven days a week to finish the junction on time.
"It will all be completed in two months and we are very serious about the deadline," he said.
"On average we used to have about 500 workers in shifts, but now we have an increase to about 800 towards the end of the project because we have a lot of work to catch up with."
He said all that would be left to complete in November was the road works.
"The road works will take place at a later stage which may go a little beyond November 30, which is the completion date, but that doesn't matter because once the main parts of the interchange are opened then that is actually a substantial completion," he said.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high
- $1.3bn infrastructure investment firm set up in Saudi
- Manara sees big project villa success
- Global giants eye RAK utility projects
- Cayan partners with international artist Zsuzsanna