Durrat Marina awards key contract
Manama, September 10, 2013
Bahrain-based Durrat Marina, a major mixed-use development, has awarded Maaster Construction Company the contract for developing two residential buildings within phase one of the project.
The signing of the deal was attended by Durrat Marina chairman Ahmed Al Qattan and Maaster Construction chairman Antony John.
This contract will entail the construction of two six-storey buildings with a total of 88 apartments, comprising one, two and three bedrooms offering panoramic views of the sea or the marina, reported the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
The apartments are expected to appeal to Bahrainis as well as GCC and foreign nationals. Work on the residential buildings is expected to be completed in October 2015.
John said he was delighted to be collaborating with Durrat Marina on such a vital project, which is of international standard and unique in terms of its components, and bound to be destined as a popular destination for many of those interested in life and recreation near the marina.
Al Qattan said the development of the residential towers is in line with the development progress of the project.
Durrat Marina infrastructure is nearing completion and is being implemented in conjunction with the components of the project.
The 113 yacht berths are also expected to start operation in December of this year, and the construction of 20 residential villas are well underway as all 20 villas have been sold and are expected to be delivered to homeowners by April of next year.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Plaza Premium wins Abu Dhabi Airports contract
- Engineering experts attend Autodesk conference
- Dubai $114m freehold property in big demand
- Heavy Equipment enters Qatar market
- Bahrain market to get $15.8m facelift
- Jacky’s unveils new 3D printers
- Technip wins $400m Kuwait PMC contract
- Arab investors eyeing Turkish property
- Arabtec denies Drake merger speculation
- Saudi's ACWA signs $472m sukuk financing