Durrat Marina awards key contract
Manama, September 10, 2013
Bahrain-based Durrat Marina, a major mixed-use development, has awarded Maaster Construction Company the contract for developing two residential buildings within phase one of the project.
The signing of the deal was attended by Durrat Marina chairman Ahmed Al Qattan and Maaster Construction chairman Antony John.
This contract will entail the construction of two six-storey buildings with a total of 88 apartments, comprising one, two and three bedrooms offering panoramic views of the sea or the marina, reported the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
The apartments are expected to appeal to Bahrainis as well as GCC and foreign nationals. Work on the residential buildings is expected to be completed in October 2015.
John said he was delighted to be collaborating with Durrat Marina on such a vital project, which is of international standard and unique in terms of its components, and bound to be destined as a popular destination for many of those interested in life and recreation near the marina.
Al Qattan said the development of the residential towers is in line with the development progress of the project.
Durrat Marina infrastructure is nearing completion and is being implemented in conjunction with the components of the project.
The 113 yacht berths are also expected to start operation in December of this year, and the construction of 20 residential villas are well underway as all 20 villas have been sold and are expected to be delivered to homeowners by April of next year.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract