Global interiors brands eye $624bn Saudi market
Jeddah, September 8, 2013
More than 110 global interiors brands will look to tap into Saudi Arabia’s $624 billion construction market at an upcoming furniture and interior design show in Jeddah, said event organisers.
Now in its fifth year, Decofair will run from November 29 to December 2 at the Jeddah Centre for Forums & Events.
Decofair 2013 has seen a sevenfold increase in international exhibitor participation since 2012 as Saudi Arabia’s spending on furniture items is expected to grow at a CAGR of 13.7 per cent over the next five years.
Decofair 2013 will showcase top brands from Italy, Scandinavia, the US, Germany and the Far East. Among the world-renowned brands confirmed to exhibit are Swiss furniture company Vitra, French designer Kenzo Maison and Danish manufacturer BoConcept, as well as an inspirational pavilion showcasing design excellence from Asdi Sedia, Italian Chair District.
Organised by Reed Sunaidi Exhibitions, a joint venture between the world’s largest event company Reed Exhibitions—a co-organiser of global design show Maison et Objet—and Sunaidi Expo, a division of Alfadl Group, Decofair 2013 is expected to attract more than 15,000 professionals from across Saudi Arabia’s architecture and design community.
“Saudi Arabia is witnessing a phenomenal expansion and development programme. Upcoming mega-projects such as King Abdullah Economic City, Kingdom City and Jazan Economic City are well underway and positively impacting the local interiors market,” said Naomi Barton, International Sales & Marketing director, Reed Sunaidi Exhibitions.
“Currently, Saudi Arabia imports $2.2 billion worth of furniture and this is forecast to grow steadily as more projects near the fit-out stage. Decofair offers the world’s best design brands the only high-end platform in the Kingdom where they can meet the country’s key design professionals,” she added.
Decofair 2013 will be a source of innovation and inspiration with the exhibition showcasing everything from furniture, furnishings, accessories, flooring and lighting, to textiles, outdoor items and design services.
This year’s event sees the addition of Decofair Office & Commercial. With Saudi Arabia investing heavily in retail, hospital and education infrastructure, the segment will be an important sourcing channel for designers, buyers, specifiers, agents and project managers involved in these key projects.
Also running alongside the main exhibition is Decofair Kitchen & Bathroom. Following the announcement by the Saudi Commission for Tourism and Antiquities’ that 214 hotels will be built across Saudi Arabia in the next two years, the segment is expected to attract a lot of interest from hotel designers.
The Decofair Hosted Buyer Programme will also help connect the Kingdom’s most important design buyers with the best international design brands. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed