Bahrain firms set for top building expo
Manama, August 30, 2013
Bahrain firms will take part in a major international construction and building materials exhibition in the region, said a report, citing the organisers of the Bahrain pavilion in international exhibitions.
The Big5 is scheduled to be held this year from November 25 to 28 at the Dubai World Trade Centre, reported the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
The event receives 2,500 visitors every year. They include architects, consultants, interior designers, civil engineers, contractors, purchasing managers, investors and various professionals related to the industry.
WorkSmart for events management, the organiser of the Big5 pavilion for the first time, said more than 20 companies from Bahrain will be a part of it.
More than 30,000 products licenced and ready to use in the GCC are expected to be showcased during the event.
The pavilion will also provide mutual marketing activities, and will work on arranging business matching sessions with other participants in the exhibition.
More than 120 shows and seminars will be held during the four days of the event.
WorkSmart business development manager Qais Zuhair said the Bahrain pavilion in the exhibition is based on a study of the local market.
"A research published earlier this year showed that the construction industry is responsible for 6.17 per cent of the national income," said Qais. "This rate can easily be increased with some effort in developing the industry.
"Participation in the event will introduce the local market to new international suppliers who might provide different products in terms of value and quality.
"Those who are interested in foreign investments will be able to look for opportunities and exchange experiences with different investors," he added.
Zuhair also invited companies to be part of the pavilion highlighting that eligible Bahraini firms will benefit from Tamkeen support.
The region has been witnessing a steady increase in construction projects, and the value of projects currently in the planning and execution phase is $2.87 billion.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed