Saudi, UAE lead $1.5trn GCC projects market
Dubai, August 29, 2013
Saudi Arabia and the UAE are at the forefront of the $1.5 trillion GCC construction market with projects estimated at $629 billion and $494 billion respectively, a report said.
To support every sector of the industry, The Big 5, the leading construction and building event which has been taking place in Dubai for more than 30 years, has expanded its product zones for 2013 with the addition of Building Interiors, said the report in Arab News.
The new zone will feature products related to kitchens and bathrooms, ceramics and fittings and also showcase the latest products from across the Middle East as well as from Italy, Spain and Greece.
"We regularly host focus groups and meet with our advisory board members who help us each year to build an event that is relevant for those professionals who influence the procurement of construction products," said Andy White, group event director was quoted as saying in the report.
Running from November 25 to 28 at Dubai World Trade Centre, The Big 5 will gather more than 2,500 exhibitors from 65 countries, as well as more than 60,000 construction industry professionals.
Middle East Concrete and PMV Live, events dedicated to the concrete and machinery sectors, will run in parallel with The Big 5.
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan