5 groups submit offers for Oman Rail contract
Muscat, August 27, 2013
Five groups led by prominent international consultants have submitted offers for a contract to provide project management consultancy (PMC) services for the Oman National Railway Network (Oman Rail) project, said a report.
They were among a total of 29 companies that had collected tender documents for the work, said the Oman Daily Oberserver report.
The project involves the construction of the 2,244 km-long network extending from Buraimi in the north to Salalah in the south, said the Oman Daily Observer report.
The successful bidder will play a pivotal role in the overall execution of the venture and is expected to work alongside the Omani government and its representative institutions well after the rollout and successful launch of the network.
The role of the PMC will include consultancy services for establishing an Oman Railway Organisation, reviewing the design of the network and the activities of the Preliminary Design Consultant, besides the review of the contract process, contract management and construction supervision, and project management services, said the report.
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high
- $1.3bn infrastructure investment firm set up in Saudi
- Manara sees big project villa success
- Global giants eye RAK utility projects
- Cayan partners with international artist Zsuzsanna