TDIC invites bids for Guggenheim museum
Abu Dhabi, August 19, 2013
Abu Dhabi's Tourism Development and Investment Company (TDIC) has invited pre-qualification bids for the main contract works for the Guggenheim Abu Dhabi Museum.
The museum, with an approximate built-up area of 80,660 sq m in the Cultural District of Saadiyat, will be a dynamic institution devoted to the acquisition and display of modern and contemporary art, said a notification.
The main contract works will include concrete substructure, concrete superstructure, structural steelwork, glulam timber structure/glazed cladding to the ‘cones’, mechanical, electrical and plumbing works, vertical transportation, specialist security installation, fit-out works and external works, it said.
The criteria for interested companies include recent experience on similar projects; registered construction company with the Abu Dhabi Department of Economic Development ‘Special’ Category classification; a minimum turnover for construction activities of Dh1 billion ($272 million) in each of the last three years; completed three projects each in excess of Dh1 billion in the last five years; and be prepared to submit a lump sum construction works tender under a single stage competitive tender process.
The deadline for submission of the Pre-Qualification Document is September 8, said the notification. - TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- India property group eyes Dubai market
- Kuwaiti real estate sales soar to $886m
- Emaar unveils first big project at Expo 2020 site
- EMart nets $20m from online auction
- Qatar Railways awards $32bn in contracts
- Top regional firms at Cityscape Riyadh
- Habtoor Leighton wins $395m Dubai tower deal
- Bahrain to scrap asphalt subsidies
- UAE bids to host 2018 tunnelling congress
- Bin Faqeeh top sponsor of Gulf Property Show