Emaar housing and land sales double in Q2
Dubai, August 12, 2013
Dubai's Emaar Properties said on Monday its revenue from housing and land sales doubled in the second quarter as investor sentiment toward the emirate's real estate market improved.
Emaar, Dubai's biggest real estate developer, has fared better than rivals through the crisis thanks to a greater reliance on retail and hospitality, businesses with more stable revenue streams than the construction and sale of homes and offices.
Emaar sold a series of projects this year, cashing in on renewed optimism in Dubai's property market buoyed largely by a return of speculative buyers in the home sales segment.
The builder of the world's tallest tower generated revenue of 1.63 billion dirhams ($443.78 million) in the three months ending June 30 from the sale of apartment blocks, commercial units and land, a detailed earnings statement released on Monday showed.
Revenue in the same period a year earlier was 815.6 million dirhams. The increase easily offset a small drop in revenue from villa sales.
Emaar reported a 10 percent increase in second-quarter net profit in July.
Cost of revenue from property sales shot up to 1.1 billion dirhams from 433.5 million dirhams in the prior-year period, the latest earnings report stated.
Revenue from Emaar's growing hospitality business rose to 354.3 million dirhams from 316.6 million. - Reuters
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed