Dammam to host construction equipment show
Dammam, August 12, 2013
Dammam, the industrial hub of Saudi Arabia, will host the largest heavy equipment exhibition in the GCC region, in February.
The Construction Machinery Show, will open its doors to traders and the public from February 16 to 20 at the Dhahran International Exhibitions Center (DIEC).
The show will be dedicated to the construction machinery sector and will provide a platform for customers in the region bringing together manufacturers, distributors and buyers.
Raz Islam, publishing director at CPI Media Group, the organisers of the event, said: “In 2014, the Construction Machinery Show is teaming up with leading Saudi exhibition organizer, Dhahran International Exhibitions Center (DIEC). The show will run in conjunction with Buildex, the 16th Saudi International Building & Construction Exhibition. Both events will attract global industry experts, investors and buyers to the largest trade show in the Eastern Province."
He said the event will feature a new section dedicated to “live demonstration” of heavy equipment and construction machinery.
“The 2014 show will host over 10,000 sq m of live demonstrations of the various construction and heavy equipment on display. This section will enable our trade visitors, buyers, suppliers and dealers to examine the various capabilities of the equipment on display and learn more information about their use, abilities and the way these machines can contribute to the success of their business operation,” Islam said.
Dammam has been selected as the new location for the Construction Machinery Show 2014, for its relevance to heavy construction and machinery equipment, he said.
“Dammam is considered the industrial hub of Saudi Arabia and a major entry point into the booming market. It is also the centre of the oil and gas industry with nearby Al Ghawar which is home to the world’s largest conventional oil field. Much of this wealth is being reinvested into infrastructure and construction, making it the ideal location,” he pointed out.
The total value of ongoing projects in the GCC region currently stands at $2,620 billion, with Saudi Arabia accounting for $875 billion.
The Kingdom’s strong construction market is being driven by government spending and high oil prices, according to a recent Global Investment House report. - TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high
- $1.3bn infrastructure investment firm set up in Saudi
- Manara sees big project villa success
- Global giants eye RAK utility projects
- Cayan partners with international artist Zsuzsanna
- Samsung, Hyundai win $1.7bn Iraq deals