New housing projects on track
Manama, August 12, 2013
Fifty-seven new housing projects worth BD169 million ($448 million) have been put out to tender or awarded this year.
A Housing Ministry report said last night these projects will offer 1,530 housing units in addition to 4,644 units under construction to meet applications on waiting lists, told the Gulf Daily News (GDN), our sister publication.
The total number of units under construction or to be put out to tender has reached 6,174. Construction projects have been awarded to 102 contractors while 47 contractors were entrusted with infrastructure work.
The number of housing units for distribution in 2012 and 2013 reached 5,431.
The report provided details on each governorate’s share of the housing projects, future housing projects across the kingdom and implementation of major projects, including Northern City, Eastern Hidd City, Eastern Sitra City and the Northern Governorate’s housing project. - TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- India property group eyes Dubai market
- Kuwaiti real estate sales soar to $886m
- Emaar unveils first big project at Expo 2020 site
- EMart nets $20m from online auction
- Qatar Railways awards $32bn in contracts
- Top regional firms at Cityscape Riyadh
- Habtoor Leighton wins $395m Dubai tower deal
- Bahrain to scrap asphalt subsidies
- UAE bids to host 2018 tunnelling congress
- Bin Faqeeh top sponsor of Gulf Property Show