Union Properties Q2 net profit rises 36pc
Dubai, August 4, 2013
Dubai-listed real estate developer Union Properties reported a 36 percent rise in second-quarter net profit on Sunday, boosted by income from liabilities settlements with contractors.
UP made a net profit of 113.26 million dirhams ($30.8 million) in the second quarter of the year, compared with 83.6 million dirhams in the corresponding period of 2012.
The developer made a saving of 80 million dirhams in the quarter on account of liabilities settlements with contractors for certain projects, it said.
Revenue for the quarter was 427 million dirhams against 557 million dirhams in the prior-year period. – Reuters
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Duqm completes airfields infrastructure work
- House prices hit new peak, led by emerging Asia
- Tunelling experts to meet in Dubai
- New mortgage rules to drive UAE property boom
- Sub-Saharan real estate set for big growth
- Cluttons names professional services head
- Hill wins key Doha tower project
- Dubai wins Expo 2020 with HOK masterplan
- UAE property group to invest $54m in Turkey
- Industrial facility rents up in Abu Dhabi