Deyaar Q2 net profit rises 47pc
Dubai, August 4, 2013
Dubai property developer Deyaar on Sunday reported a 47 percent rise in second-quarter net profit as it gained from lower costs and fair-value adjustments of prices for its investment properties.
Deyaar, one of the companies worst hit by Dubai's real estate market collapse in 2009-2010, posted a consolidated net profit of 27.3 million dirhams ($7.4 million) compared with 18.6 million dirhams in the corresponding period of 2012.
One analyst at SICO Bahrain had forecast a second-quarter profit of 6 million dirhams.
Revenue for the quarter dropped to 93.6 million dirhams from 143.5 million dirhams in the prior-year period.
The developer made a gain of 36.6 million dirhams in the quarter from fair-value adjustments for its investment properties. Direct costs for the quarter fell to 2.2 million dirhams from 82.9 million dirhams.
Property firms in Dubai began recovering last year after prices dropped by over 50 percent over several years from their peak in 2008. In July, Dubai's largest developer Emaar Properties reported a 10 percent rise in second-quarter net profit. – Reuters
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed