RAK Properties posts net profit of $14m in Q2
Ras Al Khaimah, July 29, 2013
RAK Properties, a Ras Al Khaimah-based property developer, has earned a net profit of Dh51.10 million ($13.9) in the second quarter (Q2) of this year.
The financial results were announced following the meeting of the board held on July 28, where the board agreed on settling the loan payment of Dh100 million to Ras Al Khaimah Investment and Development Office.
Mohammad Sultan Al Qadi, managing director and CEO, RAK Properties attributed the results to the growing demand on the company’s mega projects including Mina Al Arab, Julphar Towers and RAK Tower in Abu Dhabi.
Al Qadi added that the residential and commercial units in these projects have witnessed high demand from investors and end-users alike.
The company’s sales revenue in Q1 reached Dh110.52 million, compared to previous year’s figure of Dh451 million for the same period.
Al Qadi said: “Mina Al Arab will command the lion’s share of the company’s focus in the coming period taking into consideration the significance and magnitude of this project and its relevance to the tourism and hospitality sectors as well as retail.” - TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Asian skyscraper prices tower over rest of the world
- Tamleek opens new office in Dubai
- $29m allocated for Bahrain drainage projects
- Indian group plans $300m Bahrain Bay investment
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings