Oman to double investments in projects
Muscat, July 28, 2013
Oman is set to see $65 billion worth of turnkey projects awarded between now and 2017, doubling the combined value of projects awarded in the Sultanate in the last five years.
Among the projects at the forefront of Oman’s aggressive expansion programme are BP’s $15 billion Khazzan tight gas project, the development of a $10 billion refinery and petrochemical complex at Duqm and a nationwide railway construction project.
Some of the largest projects expected to be completed this year include the $560 million Sohar Steel Complex expansion (Phase 3) and the $480 million Musandam Oil & Gas processing plant.
In line with this, forthcoming Oman Projects Forum 2013 will address the latest project developments, opportunities as well as in-country value initiatives across the sultanate’s energy and non-energy related infrastructure market. It will showcase opportunities to capture a bigger share of Oman’s projects market.
Oman’s tourism industry has shown impressive growth recently and has spurred quite a bit of investments in infrastructure and construction. Omran has been one of the most active stakeholders in this industry and its CEO, Wael Al-Lawati, will share the latest developments in this area.
“MEED’s Oman Projects Forum 2013 presents a detailed overview of the sultanate’s economy, the priority sectors and budget for the coming years. More importantly, it provides an insight into the Omani planned budget and a sector-by-sector analysis by value, stages and timelines,” said Edmund O’ Sullivan, chairman, MEED Events, organisers of the Oman Projects Forum 2013 which will be held from October 28 to 30 at the Grand Hyatt Muscat. - TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project