Siemens ME wins top German design award
Abu Dhabi, July 23, 2013
The new Siemens Middle East headquarters at Masdar City in Abu Dhabi has been awarded an Iconic Award 2013 by the German Design Council.
The international award recognises visionary architecture that uses innovative and sustainable products. Architect Sheppard Robson received the award for designing the building.
The Siemens building incorporates the latest energy-efficient technology as an integral part of its overall appearance and is designed to achieve substantial reductions in energy and water usage. The project is on course to achieve LEED Platinum certification, in addition to meeting the Pearl 3 standard that conforms to Abu Dhabi Urban Planning Council’s Estidama rating scheme.
Erich Kaeser, CEO of Siemens Middle East, said: “We are proud that the new Siemens’ headquarters has been recognised as a design leader at this year’s Iconic Awards. The building will serve to showcase our latest cutting-edge technologies, and demonstrate our strong commitment to sustainability.”
“We are pleased to be recognised for having developed a building that pushes the boundaries of sustainable architecture and design,” said Anthony Mallows, the director of Masdar City.
“The Siemens headquarters epitomises the standard of sustainable buildings that we are developing in Masdar City.”
The awards will be presented at a ceremony during October’s Expo Real in Munich.
Masdar City is a low-carbon, low-waste urban development entirely powered by renewable energy. - TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Al Basel posts $156m in 2013 sales
- Dubai landlords free to hike rents by 20pc
- Bahrain to dig artificial water springs
- Arabtec plans UAE property arms, Egypt tieup
- 18 Iraqi army officers killed in ambush
- GFH acquires prime UK residential property
- Plaza Premium wins Abu Dhabi Airports contract
- Engineering experts attend Autodesk conference
- Dubai $114m freehold property in big demand
- Heavy Equipment enters Qatar market