Siemens ME wins top German design award
Abu Dhabi, July 23, 2013
The new Siemens Middle East headquarters at Masdar City in Abu Dhabi has been awarded an Iconic Award 2013 by the German Design Council.
The international award recognises visionary architecture that uses innovative and sustainable products. Architect Sheppard Robson received the award for designing the building.
The Siemens building incorporates the latest energy-efficient technology as an integral part of its overall appearance and is designed to achieve substantial reductions in energy and water usage. The project is on course to achieve LEED Platinum certification, in addition to meeting the Pearl 3 standard that conforms to Abu Dhabi Urban Planning Council’s Estidama rating scheme.
Erich Kaeser, CEO of Siemens Middle East, said: “We are proud that the new Siemens’ headquarters has been recognised as a design leader at this year’s Iconic Awards. The building will serve to showcase our latest cutting-edge technologies, and demonstrate our strong commitment to sustainability.”
“We are pleased to be recognised for having developed a building that pushes the boundaries of sustainable architecture and design,” said Anthony Mallows, the director of Masdar City.
“The Siemens headquarters epitomises the standard of sustainable buildings that we are developing in Masdar City.”
The awards will be presented at a ceremony during October’s Expo Real in Munich.
Masdar City is a low-carbon, low-waste urban development entirely powered by renewable energy. - TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth