IQPC launches contractor awards in Qatar
Doha, July 22, 2013
IQPC, a provider of business seminar and conference services, has launched special awards aimed at identifying individuals and organisations that have exhibited outstanding achievement over the last 12 months in Qatar’s construction industry.
The Qatar Contractors Forum Awards will be presented to the winners on the first day of the Qatar Contractors Forum that will be held at the Crowne Plaza in Doha from October 7 to 8.
Qatar has exhibited activity in the sector with a growth rate of nearly 13 per cent. The growth comes with the huge infrastructure and project development necessary to fulfill the country’s obligations to the Fifa World Cup Committee.
The awards will spotlight valuable work being undertaken in the country.
A judging panel of some of the most respected individuals in the industry has been brought together to assess the various projects and decide which are the most deserving of the award in 6 specific categories.
Shane Groves, director - Construction Management Mena, CH2M Hill, said: “The variety, scale and number of major world class projects planned and currently under construction in Qatar has attracted the interest of world-renowned consultants, contractors and suppliers. These awards are a way of demonstrating recognition to all involved and the project owners.” - TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- India property group eyes Dubai market
- Kuwaiti real estate sales soar to $886m
- Emaar unveils first big project at Expo 2020 site
- EMart nets $20m from online auction
- Qatar Railways awards $32bn in contracts
- Top regional firms at Cityscape Riyadh
- Habtoor Leighton wins $395m Dubai tower deal
- Bahrain to scrap asphalt subsidies
- UAE bids to host 2018 tunnelling congress
- Bin Faqeeh top sponsor of Gulf Property Show