IQPC launches contractor awards in Qatar
Doha, July 22, 2013
IQPC, a provider of business seminar and conference services, has launched special awards aimed at identifying individuals and organisations that have exhibited outstanding achievement over the last 12 months in Qatar’s construction industry.
The Qatar Contractors Forum Awards will be presented to the winners on the first day of the Qatar Contractors Forum that will be held at the Crowne Plaza in Doha from October 7 to 8.
Qatar has exhibited activity in the sector with a growth rate of nearly 13 per cent. The growth comes with the huge infrastructure and project development necessary to fulfill the country’s obligations to the Fifa World Cup Committee.
The awards will spotlight valuable work being undertaken in the country.
A judging panel of some of the most respected individuals in the industry has been brought together to assess the various projects and decide which are the most deserving of the award in 6 specific categories.
Shane Groves, director - Construction Management Mena, CH2M Hill, said: “The variety, scale and number of major world class projects planned and currently under construction in Qatar has attracted the interest of world-renowned consultants, contractors and suppliers. These awards are a way of demonstrating recognition to all involved and the project owners.” - TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed