Dar Al Arkan Q2 net slumps 69pc on lower sales
Dubai, July 18, 2013
Saudi Arabia's Dar Al Arkan Real Estate Development Co missed the average view of analysts when it reported a 68.7 percent drop in second-quarter net profit on Thursday, citing lower properties sales.
The developer made a net profit of 103.7 million riyals ($27.7 million) for the three months to June 30, compared to 331 million riyals in the corresponding period of 2012, it said in a bourse filing.
The property sales decline followed a boost in the second quarter of 2012 from the sale of a land parcel to Saudi Basic Industries Corp, the statement said.
Its second-quarter net profit widely missed the average forecast of six analysts polled by Reuters, who expected 256.1 million riyals for the period. – Reuters
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Tunelling experts to meet in Dubai
- New mortgage rules to drive UAE property boom
- Sub-Saharan real estate set for big growth
- Cluttons names professional services head
- Hill wins key Doha tower project
- Dubai wins Expo 2020 with HOK masterplan
- UAE property group to invest $54m in Turkey
- Industrial facility rents up in Abu Dhabi
- DB Schenker breaks ground on new Dubai facility
- Arabtec inks $1.2bn UAE hospital contract