Chesterton picks Dubai base for Mena ops
Dubai, July 14, 2013
Chesterton, a top international property agency established in 1805, has chosen Dubai for its Middle Eastern headquarters.
It has also confirmed that it is planning to further expand its operations in the Middle East by opening up offices in Saudi Arabia and Qatar by the last quarter of 2014.
Chesterton’s new Mena headquarters is at Boulevard Plaza Tower 1, next to Dubai Mall in Downtown Dubai. The company has said that strong market activity has allowed it to recently increase its staff strength to 25 and it is aiming to further grow the team to cater to the growing demand within the real estate sector in the UAE.
Simon Gray, managing director of Chesterton Mena, said: “We are delighted to see the kind of growth Dubai has been witnessing since the beginning of this year: latest figures from the Dubai Land Department (DLD) show that the total value of real estate transactions in Dubai rose 63 per cent to Dh44 billion ($11.9 billion) in first quarter 2013 compared to the same period last year.”
“We believe that the residential property market will grow at a faster pace over the next five years as more people choose to make Dubai their home.
“The city’s high quality infrastructure and the geographical location make it one of the best cities in the world to live and do business and that is the reason we decided to set up our Middle Eastern headquarters here in Dubai. We are also confident that Dubai is ahead in the race to win the Expo 2020 bid which, if we’re right, will be great news not only for UAE but the entire GCC economy,” added Simon.
“Chesterton is offering luxury houses and apartments developed by a number of reputable local developers in the UAE and the region in addition to prime Central London residential properties. Chesterton aims to cater to UAE investors who wish to expand their local or international real estate portfolios, or both, and individuals who simply wish to buy first or second homes in UAE or abroad,” Simon concluded. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum