Red Sea Housing to construct labour camp at JEC
Jazan, July 10, 2013
Red Sea Housing Services Company, a modular housing solutions provider, said it will begin construction of the first phase of a SR60 million ($15.9 million) industrial labour camp in Jazan Economic City (JEC) by the first quarter of next year.
The 188,999-sq m labour camp project has been approved by the Economic Cities Authority (ECA), said a statement.
The labour camp, which will be constructed in different phases to serve the various companies operating within JEC, is expected to have a maximum capacity of 10,000 residents and will be operational by the second quarter of next year, it said.
Red Sea Housing also revealed that an array of entertainment amenities, recreational facilities including swimming pools and play courts, laundry and catering services will be available to residents.
Mohammed Othman Mallawi, investor relations manager, said: “The new labour camp at JEC will be financed through the company’s internal cash flow, in addition to credit facility lines and bank loans that will be arranged locally.”
The JEC is at the mouth of the Red Sea, serving markets in Europe, Asia and East Africa and receiving raw materials from the surrounding countries that are currently not well served with processing and manufacturing facilities, said the statement.
The city focuses on heavy industries, secondary industries, human capital and lifestyle, it said. - TradeArabia News Services
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Dubai wins Expo 2020 with HOK masterplan
- UAE property group to invest $54m in Turkey
- Industrial facility rents up in Abu Dhabi
- DB Schenker breaks ground on new Dubai facility
- Arabtec inks $1.2bn UAE hospital contract
- Oman invites bids for key airport project
- Spanish group wins $105m Kuwait cable deal
- Swicorp plans $266m Saudi property fund
- Atkins to supervise $600m project in Oman
- Damac raises $348m in London share sale