Red Sea Housing to construct labour camp at JEC
Jazan, July 10, 2013
Red Sea Housing Services Company, a modular housing solutions provider, said it will begin construction of the first phase of a SR60 million ($15.9 million) industrial labour camp in Jazan Economic City (JEC) by the first quarter of next year.
The 188,999-sq m labour camp project has been approved by the Economic Cities Authority (ECA), said a statement.
The labour camp, which will be constructed in different phases to serve the various companies operating within JEC, is expected to have a maximum capacity of 10,000 residents and will be operational by the second quarter of next year, it said.
Red Sea Housing also revealed that an array of entertainment amenities, recreational facilities including swimming pools and play courts, laundry and catering services will be available to residents.
Mohammed Othman Mallawi, investor relations manager, said: “The new labour camp at JEC will be financed through the company’s internal cash flow, in addition to credit facility lines and bank loans that will be arranged locally.”
The JEC is at the mouth of the Red Sea, serving markets in Europe, Asia and East Africa and receiving raw materials from the surrounding countries that are currently not well served with processing and manufacturing facilities, said the statement.
The city focuses on heavy industries, secondary industries, human capital and lifestyle, it said. - TradeArabia News Services
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Asian skyscraper prices tower over rest of the world
- Tamleek opens new office in Dubai
- $29m allocated for Bahrain drainage projects
- Indian group plans $300m Bahrain Bay investment
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings