RSA breaks ground on logistics facility in Dubai
Dubai, July 10, 2013
RSA Logistics, a major player in freight forwarding, distribution, and supply chain management sector in the UAE and Kenya, has started the construction of a 9,500-sq m temperature-controlled facility at Dubai World Central (DWC), the world’s first purpose-built aerotropolis.
The upcoming facility, which will be operational by March next year, is located adjacent to the company’s headquarters in DWC’s Logistics District and will be targeting the automotive and hi-tech industries.
RSA Logistics also inaugurated a new open yard facility extending from the new premises, which is fully operational.
DWC pointed out that RSA Logistics is one of several companies taking advantage of its integrated infrastructure to strategically expand their core offerings to local and regional businesses in the Mena region.
DWC offers an array of benefits to logistics businesses with its integrated operation model, high level of security and safety, enhanced connectivity and competitive pricing. Its modern facilities and hitech infrastructure have enabled businesses to expand regionally and globally from Dubai.
RSA’s move to expand their footprint in DWC complements the company’s commitment to address a growing need in the region for high-quality process-driven facilities, said a senior official.
Headquartered in Dubai, RSA has developed business verticals, in Chemicals, Automotive, Oil & Gas and Projects.
By providing specialised and expansive facilities for storage, the company hopes to cater to the diverse needs of its impressive clientele, as well as potential customers who will benefit from its multi-faceted services.
“As we continue to cement our presence in the UAE, we understand that specialised and dedicated services are what our customers require. This new facility will focus on the hi-tech and automotive business verticals, which require temperature, humidity and hygiene controls,” said remarked Abhishek Ajay Shah, the director of Operations and Business Development at RSA Logistics.
Mohsen Ahmad, the VP of Logistics District, DWC, said: "A combination of factors such as the hitech infrastructure, the fully integrated ecosystem and the high level of connectivity make Dubai World Central an ideal base for logistics and trading companies to not only establish their presence in the UAE but also successfully tap new regional and international markets."
"RSA Logistics in particular can expect significant strategic benefits by expanding their facilities in the Logistics District, which continues to attract major companies from around the world," he added.
Dubai World Central consists of 8 fully integrated districts, helping drive business in different industries, including aviation, logistics, commercial, real estate and exhibitions.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed