Mitsubishi wins Turkey steam turbine order
Tokyo, July 6, 2013
Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (MHI), jointly with Mitsubishi Corp, has received an order from Gurmat Electricity Generation Company, an affiliate of independent Turkish power producer Guris Holding Company, for installation of a steam turbine unit at its second 47 MW power generation plant.
The new unit at the Germencik Geothermal Power Plant, which is located on the Aegean Sea coast 60 km south of Izmir, Turkey's third-largest city, is slated to go on-stream in 2015.
Steam turbines are a core component of geothermal power plants, said a statement from Mitsubishi.
The accompanying generator will be provided by Mitsubishi Electric Corporation. MHI believes that the high operational availability and reliability of its previously delivered equipment were highly evaluated and contributed to the awarding of the new order.
The latest order represents the second steam turbine to be supplied by MHI to the Germencik Geothermal Power Plant, following a turbine delivered in 2008 for power generation unit No.1, it added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high
- $1.3bn infrastructure investment firm set up in Saudi
- Manara sees big project villa success
- Global giants eye RAK utility projects
- Cayan partners with international artist Zsuzsanna
- Samsung, Hyundai win $1.7bn Iraq deals