$65m villa project launched in Bahrain
Manama, July 4, 2013
Wahat Al Muharraq, a 227-villa housing project with an estimated value of BD24.7 million ($65 million), was launched yesterday (July 3) in Bahrain.
The project's first phase, which consists of 30 units, has been completed and sold, and the second phase consists of 197 villas, reported the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
Launched under the patronage of Deputy Prime Minister Shaikh Khalid bin Abdulla Al Khalifa, the project is being developed by Manara Developments.
After the inauguration and a tour of the mock-up villas, Shaikh Khalid highlighted the significance of affordable housing to cater to the needs of middle income families in Bahrain.
This is also in line with the housing plans adopted by the country, he added.
"The private sector is a significant partner in national development and the project by Manara is an example of a successful public-private partnership model," Shaikh Khalid said.
Manara Developments chairman Yousif Taqi said the company's core focus was developing various solutions addressing the housing needs of Bahrainis.
"We launched phase one of Wahat Al Muharraq last year. After witnessing the great demand among modern Bahraini families for Manara's housing units, the company decided to expedite the completion of the second phase," he added.
Prices start at BD98,000 and mock-up villas are ready for viewing, the report said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m