KFH-Bahrain, Banader sign $47.5m financing
Manama, July 3, 2013
Kuwait Finance House – Bahrain, a provider of Islamic banking services, has signed a BD18 million ($47.5 million) project finance deal with Banader Hotels, officials said.
The financing deal will provide the funding to complete the construction work at the Banader Rotana Hotel project in Manama.
Present at the signing ceremony were Abdulhakeem Alkhayyat, managing director & CEO of KFH-Bahrain, Abdulla Buhindi, Banader Hotel chairman, Sattam Algosaibi, executive manager and head of Corporate Banking Group in KFH – Bahrain, Jehad Amin – vice chairman of Banader Hotels and Abdulrahman Al Mokla – acting general manager for the company.
"We chose KFH-Bahrain out of a number of other Bahraini Banks because it has unique Islamic financing solutions that suit our needs,” said Buhindi.
“The financial crisis affected many real estate projects in the region, where some of them ceased production due to the lack of funding. Therefore, we thank KFH-Bahrain for providing the financing for this project which confirms its confidence in the Kingdom’s economy as well as its support of the project and the shareholders behind it.”
"This funding will provide the finance to resume work on the Banader Rotana Hotel project which is conveniently located in the center of the capital Manama. It aims to provide high-end hotel services in accordance with international standards. Upon completion, the hotel will be managed and run by a specialized and well-known company,” he added.
Alkhayyat said: "We are pleased to have been approached by Banader Hotels for this transaction; finalizing this agreement is a significant milestone for our relationship with Banader Hotel. Through its various Banking services and advocacy of growth, KFH-Bahrain targets involvement in growth initiatives which support and contribute to the economy of Bahrain.
"As it is a directive of KFH-Bahrain, the participation in such transactions from financial institutions is essential in aiding the improvement of various industry sectors in the Kingdom."
Algosaibi added: "We are pleased to have concluded this agreement with Banader Hotels and participate in the completion of this project. This financing agreement will aim to maximize the value of the project to the benefit of all its stakeholders. In KFH-Bahrain we are always interested in partaking in financing transactions of such high caliber to contribute to the growth of businesses in Bahrain."
Banader Hotels commenced work in the construction of a 28-story five-stars hotel and furnished apartments consisting of 251 rooms which include 46 deluxe rooms and 24 private suites.
The project will also incorporate other various hotel services. The Banader Rotana Hotel project is well located within the vicinity of government buildings, Bab Al Bahrain, Bahrain Financial Harbour and commercial markets. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high
- $1.3bn infrastructure investment firm set up in Saudi
- Manara sees big project villa success
- Global giants eye RAK utility projects
- Cayan partners with international artist Zsuzsanna
- Samsung, Hyundai win $1.7bn Iraq deals