Oman Real Estate Association backs exhibition
Muscat, June 26, 2013
Oman Real Estate Association (Orea) has pledged support to a leading home building and interiors exhibition, to be held in the Sultanate in December.
‘The Home Show’ will be held at the Oman International Exhibitions Centre from December 9 to 11 and is being organized by Global Exhibitions and Conferences (GEC) and Epoc Messe Frankfurt.
The event is expected to attract an array of property developers and brands as sponsors, exhibitors and participants.
The show is set to take place against a backdrop of robust growth across Oman’s vibrant real estate and property development market, fuelled by vigorous government economic and infrastructure spending, said a statement.
The current 8th Five Year Plan (2011 – 2015), part of a long-term development strategy set out in the ‘Vision 2020, envisions a total investment of around RO16 billion ($41.5 billion) in infrastructure projects and other government-funded programmes. It includes a 45 per cent rise in expenditure on housing during this year.
“The real estate and property development sector is fast emerging as an important pillar of Oman’s economic development. Orea’s goal is to help sustain and build on this growth by providing all of the players, big and small, a platform that champions professionalism, best practices, and the pursuit of excellence in the real estate industry,” said Mohammed Salim Khalifa Al Busaidi, chairman, Orea.
“We are delighted to have the Orea on board as a strategic partner. Together with our other partners, sponsors, and exhibitors, representing all of the key players and brands in this industry, we are on course to staging yet another outstanding edition of this event,” said CJ Paul, chief executive officer, GEC. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Asian skyscraper prices tower over rest of the world
- Tamleek opens new office in Dubai
- $29m allocated for Bahrain drainage projects
- Indian group plans $300m Bahrain Bay investment
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings