Caparol wins Emirates villas contract
Dubai, June 25, 2013
German paint and insulation manufacturer Caparol said it has won the contract to complete internal and external painting and floor coating in villas for Emirates Airlines pilots.
The accommodation project that includes 306 villas is a part of Emirates Airlines ‘Meydan Heights’ pilot quarters, said a statement.
Operating in the UAE as Caparol Paints, a joint venture with Emaar Industries and Investments, the company entered the market in 1998.
Gary Seabrook, general manager of Caparol in the Middle East, said: “We will be using CapaPlusMatt paint for internal walls of the villas, in a range of bold colours. It is totally washable and odourless. Additionally, we will be using FlexoTop and FlexoShield which are anti-carbonating and crack bridging on external areas. Floors will be coated with CapaFloor 230 Solvent Free floor coating.”
Emirates plans to develop a total of 528 villas for its pilots in the Meydan Heights project, which will be built on a plot of 261,000 sq m, said the statement.
Caparol recently became a member of the Emirates Green Building Council, which is working towards making the UAE a global leader in reducing ecological footprint of the built environment by 2015, he added. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Heavy Equipment enters Qatar market
- Bahrain market to get $15.8m facelift
- Jacky’s unveils new 3D printers
- Technip wins $400m Kuwait PMC contract
- Arab investors eyeing Turkish property
- Arabtec denies Drake merger speculation
- Saudi's ACWA signs $472m sukuk financing
- Qatar announces massive bridges project
- $49m home loans approved in Bahrain
- BlomInvest sees Makkah project on track