Piling works under way for tallest tower
Jeddah, June 24, 2013
Piling works are currently being undertaken for the world’s tallest tower in Jeddah by Saudi Bauer Company.
The more than 1,000-metre tower is being built at a cost of over SR4.6 billion ($1.3 billion) by the Jeddah Economic Company, headed by Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal Bin Abdulaziz Alsaud, chairman of Kingdom Holding Company (KHC).
Prince Alwaleed recently toured the project site and was briefed on the construction plans. He also headed the fourth board of directors meeting of Jeddah Economic Company in Riyadh.
Prince Alwaleed updated the board on the final agreement with Four Seasons relating to operating the luxury hotel in the tower.
Eng Waleed Batterjee, chief executive officer, Jeddah Economic Company (JEC) briefed the board on the status of the project. - TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- India property group eyes Dubai market
- Kuwaiti real estate sales soar to $886m
- Emaar unveils first big project at Expo 2020 site
- EMart nets $20m from online auction
- Qatar Railways awards $32bn in contracts
- Top regional firms at Cityscape Riyadh
- Habtoor Leighton wins $395m Dubai tower deal
- Bahrain to scrap asphalt subsidies
- UAE bids to host 2018 tunnelling congress
- Bin Faqeeh top sponsor of Gulf Property Show