Saudi Alhokair units sign $1.2bn financing deals
Riyadh, June 23, 2013
Saudi fashion retail giant Fawaz Abdulaziz Alhokair Company said two of its units have signed sharia-compliant financing facilities worth 4.6 billion riyals ($1.2 billion) to fund real estate developments.
Arabian Centers Company Limited (ACCL) and Saudi FAS completed deals worth 2.7 billion riyals and 1.9 billion riyals respectively, according to a statement from law firm Latham & Watkins, which advised the firms.
The transactions took almost a year to complete due to the complex structures which have never been used in Saudi before, Muhanad Awad, chief executive of FAS Capital, the financial and investment arm of Alhokair, said in the statement.
Alinma Bank, Gulf International Bank, National Commercial Bank, Samba Financial Group and Saudi Hollandi Bank provided the ACCL facility, with Alinma the sole financier of the Saudi FAS deal, the statement added.
No details of the terms for the financing was provided. King & Spalding was legal counsel to the banks.-Reuters
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Dubai wins Expo 2020 with HOK masterplan
- UAE property group to invest $54m in Turkey
- Industrial facility rents up in Abu Dhabi
- DB Schenker breaks ground on new Dubai facility
- Arabtec inks $1.2bn UAE hospital contract
- Oman invites bids for key airport project
- Spanish group wins $105m Kuwait cable deal
- Swicorp plans $266m Saudi property fund
- Atkins to supervise $600m project in Oman
- Damac raises $348m in London share sale