Dubai to open $196m tunnels project
Dubai, June 19, 2013
The Dubai Roads & Transport Authority (RTA) said all the work related to the Dh722 million ($196 million) Rashid Hospital Tunnels Project has been completed and the tunnel will be ready for full opening on June 30.
RTA said the project contractor is currently giving the finishing touches to the project
The project involves the construction of several streets and two tunnels, each comprising two lanes, to serve the traffic coming from Tariq bin Ziyad & Umm Harir Streets and heading towards the intersection of Al Riyadh Street with the extension of the Floating Bridge.
The first tunnel passes from Tariq bin Ziyad Street underneath Al Maktoum Bridge, and the other one; which is inbound from Umm Harir Street, passes across Oud Metha Park, and the two tunnels merge to form a 4-lane street heading towards Al Riyadh Street via Rashid Hospital, said a statement from RTA.
Commenting on the launch, Mattar Al Tayer, the chairman of the board and executive director of the RTA, said: "The implementation of Rashid Hospital Tunnels Project is part of a master plan through which the RTA is seeking to alleviate the traffic congestion in the surroundings of Sheikh Rashid Hospital, and improve the traffic flow in the area."
"Accordingly, the intake of roads within the project realms is set to increase upon the project completion to as much as 6000 vehicles per hour," he stated.
"The project also encompasses converting the intersection of Riyadh Street with the extension of the Floating Bridge into a 4-lane passageway, widening Tariq bin Ziyad Street, improving Oud Metha & Umm Harir Streets, and constructing a street to handle the traffic inbound from the Floating Bridge and heading towards Tariq bin Ziyad Street," added Al Tayer.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high
- $1.3bn infrastructure investment firm set up in Saudi
- Manara sees big project villa success
- Global giants eye RAK utility projects
- Cayan partners with international artist Zsuzsanna
- Samsung, Hyundai win $1.7bn Iraq deals