AECOM wins $148m Doha Expressway contract
Doha, June 19, 2013
AECOM Technology Corporation said it has won a $148 million three-year contract from Qatar government to provide construction-supervision and design-review services for a portion of the Doha Expressway program.
AECOM is a leading provider of professional technical and management support services to a broad range of markets, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, water and government.
The dual highway program, known as Group 7 in Qatar, will link the cities of Al Khor and Mesaieed. It covers the creation of a 105-mile expressway — which will help facilitate movement of sea freight into and out of the New Port Project in Doha as well as ease the movement of trucks and delivery vehicles around the city.
The project, which is set to begin immediately, will also feature foot and cycle paths, as well as a provision for a long-distance rail corridor, said a statement from the company.
In addition, approximately 21 main free-flow junctions will be required, along with a number of priority-controlled junctions and private accesses.
Commenting on the win, AECOM chairman and CEO John M. Dionisio said, "We are delighted to play such a vital role in advancing Qatar’s infrastructure. We look forward to playing a key role in creating a best-in-class infrastructure network that will help fuel the region’s growth."
A Fortune 500 company, AECOM serves clients in more than 140 countries and had revenue of $8.2 billion during the 12 months ended March 31, 2013.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Depa names new board directors
- Work to start on new Bahrain social centre
- Indian developer to open Dubai office
- 50 firms to showcase at Cityscape Riyadh
- Kaloti breaks ground on Dubai gold refinery
- New power station for Bahrain hospital
- Al Hamra Village wins top mixed-use award
- Schön sees business park project on track
- Kuwaiti developer starts Dubai tower work
- Asteco appointed agent for Dubai tower