UAE stadium project reaches new milestone
Abu Dhabi, June 16, 2013
The first construction phase of a mixed-use scheme in Al Ain, UAE, masterplanned and designed by global architecture, urbanism and design practice Broadway Malyan, has reached a critical milestone with the topping-out of the tallest structure, the 25,000-seat ‘Hassa Bin Zayed Stadium’, which is set to open in December.
The stadium and mixed-use scheme will ultimately comprise over 1.5 million sq ft of development including hospitality, commercial and residential space, and represent a major new destination in the city of Al Ain, providing a central year-round location for sports and football enthusiasts, families, friends and businesses to come together.
The stadium will be the most modern, hitech facility in the Middle East.
It will be managed and operated by the Al Ain Club Investment Company, is inspired by the natural landscape of Al Ain and will encompass both traditional and innovative design. It will be the new home ground for the famous Al Ain Football Club, the most successful club in the UAE.
Broadway Malyan is lead design consultant on the scheme, with its Abu Dhabi-based team of expert masterplanners, architects and designers having led the masterplan and design and delivery stages, and an international team of specialist designers and engineers including Pattern Architects, Thornton Tomasetti, Hoare Lea & Partners and Aecom.
Commenting on the achievement, Broadway Malyan director Ian Apsley said: “Reaching the first major milestone in the construction of the scheme is testament to our world-class and integrated team of diverse design experts working in close partnership with the client to create a major new leisure and entertainment destination.”
"It is the latest success for the team following its recent first major project win in Doha, Qatar, and major commissions in Iraq and Bahrain, on the back of the approval of its detailed masterplans for Al Maryah Island (formerly Sowwah Island), covering over 3.5 million sqm of mixed-use development and North Yas, a 680 hectare waterfront community on Yas Island, both in Abu Dhabi,"stated Apsley.
Distinguished by its global reach with 16 offices across world centres, diversity with 500 sector experts and distinctive client focus with over 85 per cent income from repeat business, Broadway Malyan creates fully-integrated cities, places and buildings to unlock lasting value and deliver a ‘return on design,’ he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Asian skyscraper prices tower over rest of the world
- Tamleek opens new office in Dubai
- $29m allocated for Bahrain drainage projects
- Indian group plans $300m Bahrain Bay investment
- Drake and Scull awards key supply contract
- FCC wins $702m Doha metro line contract
- SPF Realty sees Dubai project success
- Abu Dhabi set for big property show
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings