Hyder wins $112m Doha Expressway contract
Doha, June 12, 2013
Hyder Consulting, a leading design and engineering consultancy, has won a $112 million contract from Qatar’s public works authority Ashghal for the design and construction supervision of a new section of the Doha Expressway.
Hyder’s scope of work for ‘Pre and Post Contract Professional Consultancy Services’ for Group 5 includes the concept design review, preliminary and detailed design, construction contract preparation, tender services and construction supervision services.
Hyder will carry out the services for Al Khor Bypass, North-east Qatar, which includes 35km of Expressway incorporating four major junctions, three running lanes and a hard shoulder either side of the central median as well as the Al Khor Expressway and Al Khor to Umm Birkah Road, North-east Qatar, which includes 26km of Expressway incorporating 13 major junctions, three running lanes and a hard shoulder either side of the central median.
Hyder’s scope includes construction supervision services for Lusail Development External Road Phase 1, West of the Lusail Development, for the upgrade of 4km of existing dual carriageway; and Lusail Development External Road Phase 2, West of the Lusail Development, for the upgrade of approximately 8km of existing dual carriageway.
Phases 1 and 2 will comprise of four running lanes and a hard shoulder either side of the central median and the construction of six major intersections.
Additional service requirements across all four projects include the provision of collector, feeder, service and access roads, footways and cycleways where necessary. The design will interface with the metro red line, which is currently planned to be located in the wide central median along the Al Khor Expressway.
"We are pursuing a number of important opportunities in Qatar and the Expressway Projects constitute the largest single win in the current financial year. Our Middle East results are progressing ahead of schedule and remain well beyond those from last year,” said Ivor Catto, CEO.
Wael Allan, regional managing director, said: “The Expressway Projects is the second largest contract to be awarded to Hyder since the announcement of Ashghal’s C2 project in November 2011. Later this year, Hyder will celebrate its half a century presence in Qatar and we are proud to have supported Ashghal in achieving its goals throughout this period.”
Once completed, the Expressway will improve traffic flow, increase safety, reduce congestion and lessen travel times, as well as provide improved environmental outcomes.
The programme as a whole consists of 28 projects which require both the delivery of new roads and the upgrading of existing roads to “expressway” standard. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high
- $1.3bn infrastructure investment firm set up in Saudi
- Manara sees big project villa success
- Global giants eye RAK utility projects
- Cayan partners with international artist Zsuzsanna