Dubai Mall starts massive expansion work
Dubai, June 9, 2013
The Dubai Mall, the world’s largest shopping and entertainment destination, has embarked on a massive expansion plan in line with its aim to welcome more than 100 million annual visitors.
With the first phase expansion by 1 million sq ft, the fashion portfolio of the mall will be further strengthened, enhancing the city’s high-end retail offerings, said a statement from its developer Emaar.
Having welcomed over 65 million visitors in 2012, and a record 20 million visitors in the first three months of the year, the highest so far during a three-month period, the expansion of The Dubai Mall will further underline its global standing as the world’s most visited shopping and lifestyle destination, it added.
Emaar Properties chairman Mohamed Alabbar said: “Our strategy to create compelling new retail and lifestyle experiences also supports the city’s growth outlook of further strengthening its core economic sectors, including retail, tourism and hospitality. The current expansion will redefine Dubai’s retail sector, cementing its reputation as a global hub for the latest in fashion.”
To be expanded further, the Fashion Avenue in The Dubai Mall will add new and personalised flagship stores of the world’s most renowned brands. The overall expansion will also bring in other high-end lifestyle and entertainment brands to The Dubai Mall, he stated.
"Shoppers can experience the unparalleled ambience of strolling along foliage-rich walkways with water features, set on a strip lined by premium stores. In addition, they can enjoy a wide new range of F&B additions being added along Burj Lake and overlooking The Dubai Fountain, the world’s tallest performing fountain," he added.
He pointed out that the new spectacular additions to The Dubai Mall were being implemented with minimal impact on the ongoing mall operations.
Visitors will continue to have full access to the mall’s 1,200 stores, the 200 F&B outlets and diverse array of leisure attractions, as work continues to add new features, said the top developer in its statement.
With the first phase expansion work now progressing, modifications have been made to the Fashion Avenue to assure a seamless experience for visitors.
An alternate Fashion Avenue entrance and valet parking area have been set up in the parking lobby of Fashion Parking Level 3. Full valet services are also provided from the Grand Drive and at The Address Downtown Dubai roundabout entrances, it added.
Further building on Downtown Dubai’s appeal as the most sought-after destination, the mall expansion will also add a choice of residential, commercial and hospitality components, with impressive views of The Dubai Fountain, and Burj Khalifa, the world’s tallest building.
Residents and visitors become part of the vibrant Downtown Dubai lifestyle experience and will have direct access to the retail and leisure choices on Mohammed Bin Rashid Boulevard, billed to be one of the world’s most prestigious boulevards offering luxury retail and dining options.
The Dubai Mall has several top leisure attractions including Dubai Aquarium & Underwater Zoo, Sega Republic, the largest of its kind indoor theme park; KidZania, the dedicated children’s city; Dubai Ice Rink, and the 22-screen Reel Cinemas, it added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high
- $1.3bn infrastructure investment firm set up in Saudi
- Manara sees big project villa success
- Global giants eye RAK utility projects
- Cayan partners with international artist Zsuzsanna
- Samsung, Hyundai win $1.7bn Iraq deals