Nakheel's 350 villas sold out in 5 hours
Dubai, June 3, 2013
Investors snapped up 350 newly-launched villas from Nakheel in just five hours on Sunday, the Dubai developer has said.
The villas are valued in excess of Dh1.4 billion ($381 million), Nakheel said.
The demand was so high that Nakheel increased the number of villas on sale by more than 50 per cent, it said.
"Buyers began descending on Nakheel’s sales office on Friday – two days ahead of the launch – for the Legacy Nova Villas, to be constructed at Nakheel’s 350 hectare Jumeirah Park master community," it said.
The tender for the construction of Legacy Nova Villas was also launched on Sunday, with contractors already collecting their tender documents from Nakheel. Contracts are expected to be awarded in August.
A Nakheel spokesman said: “The response to this launch has been phenomenal: there was hardly room to move in our car park and inside our sales centre today. Our original plan was to bring 226 Legacy Villas to the market, but demand was so high that we added – and sold – another 124. All 350 Legacy Nova Villas sold out just a few hours after we opened our doors for business; yet more evidence of Dubai’s buoyant real estate market, and of investor and contractor confidence in Nakheel and its projects.”
Nakheel’s four-bedroom Legacy Nova Villas are designed to maximise the use of light and space. Each villa has an expansive roof terrace and an additional terrace above the double garage, plus a giant skylight window above the stairs, allowing an abundance of natural light into the properties, the developer said.
The Legacy Nova Villas will be constructed over the next two years. - TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Aldar working on $1.5bn UAE housing projects
- Gulf Finance House to start $3bn Tunisia project
- Abu Dhabi to see 10pc surge in new homes
- Saudi construction sector booming on new contracts
- Emaar offers 330 apartments in MBR City
- Dubai Design District sees big demand
- HUGE DEAL: Arabtec inks $40bn Egypt housing project
- Galfar ex-CEO gets 15 years' jail over bribes
- $32m BFH car park work underway
- Bahrain awards $5.8m project tenders
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Dubai unveils $300m hitech 'green' city project
- Deyaar plans $245m Dubai complex
- IFA unveils $272m Dubai mixed-use project
- CBRE tops Fortune’s most admired firms list
- Kuwait's real estate sales hit $1.1bn in Jan
- Dubai RTA awards $27m roads contract
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments