$823m Qatar mall unveiled at Cityscape
Doha, May 28, 2013
Qatar-based UrbaCon Trading and Contracting (UCC) officially unveiled the $823.2 million mammoth mall project, the Mall of Qatar, at the three-day Cityscape exhibition in Doha.
The retail develoment will feature more than 400 stores, fine dining and world class entertainment.
UCC hosted media and members of the public at their Cityscape exhibition stand on Monday where they unveiled their interactive model and the video fly for the very first time.
The MOQ exhibition stand was officially opened by Shem Krey, the deputy managing director, Mall of Qatar, on the first day of Cityscape and the response from visitors to the stand was phenomenal.
"Unveiling the project model at Cityscape is another important step in building excitement about the new mall among our potential tenants, partners and future customers, and has also enabled us to drive business leads through a host of different networking opportunities during the exhibition," said Krey.
“We have seen for the first time members of the public getting really excited about the prospect of a mall that will bring over 400 shops, 7,000 parking spaces, a major hypermarket, five department stores, 20 international restaurants and an indoor streetscape with double height flagship stores from across the globe. We are confident from the tremendous response we received at Cityscape that it will help us to meet our target of attracting 20 million visitors in its first year of operations,” he added.
Construction work is already underway and the Mall is scheduled to open in the third quarter of 2015. It will be conveniently located at the intersection of Al Rayyan Highway and Celebration Road and the project is adjacent to the popular Al Rayyan Sports Club and a future FIFA 2022 World Cup Stadium.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high
- $1.3bn infrastructure investment firm set up in Saudi
- Manara sees big project villa success
- Global giants eye RAK utility projects
- Cayan partners with international artist Zsuzsanna