Deyaar appoints new chief financial officer
Dubai, May 26, 2013
Dubai's Deyaar, the emirate's second-largest developer by market value, appointed Hawary Marshad as its new chief financial officer, the company said in a statement on Sunday.
Marshad will replace Yawar Pasha and will report to Deyaar's chief executive Saeed Al Qatami, the statement said.
As part of his role, Marshad will provide both operational and strategic support to the organization, on matters relating to the management, sourcing and deployment of capital; preparation and review of financial statements and ensuring regulatory compliance, with the overall objective of facilitating business growth and profitability.
Before joining Deyaar, Marshad was employed as chief financial officer at Zabeel Investments, a firm owned by the crown prince of Dubai.
The developer doubled its first-quarter net profit this year, as it gradually recovers from Dubai's property market crash. – Reuters & TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Schön sees business park project on track
- Kuwaiti developer starts Dubai tower work
- Asteco appointed agent for Dubai tower
- Interface named ‘Most Sustainable' firm
- Musanada inks $582m Abu Dhabi-Dubai road deal
- Manara residential project on track
- Duqm completes airfields infrastructure work
- House prices hit new peak, led by emerging Asia
- Tunelling experts to meet in Dubai
- New mortgage rules to drive UAE property boom