Dubai Industrial City inks infrastructure contract
Dubai, May 26, 2013
Dubai Industrial City, a member of Tecom Investments, has awarded the infrastructure development contract for its Dh100 million ($27.2 million) industrial real estate project to Rajhi Construction Company.
The infrastructure works include; establishment of roads network within the Dubai Industrial City spanning across 60 km in addition to the extension of water pipes along 154 km, communication cables spread across of 360 km, pipes to drain rainwater along 111 km, pipes to discharge wastewater along 92.5 km and pipes for irrigation along 53.5 km, which means that the total length of developed area in Dubai Industrial City is now spread across 14 km, said a statement from Tecom Investments.
Dubai Industrial City is considered the largest industrial real estate project in Dubai and is spread across 560 million sq ft of land. The industrial destination was established to serve as a catalyst for the growth and expansion of the industrial sector in the UAE - with specific emphasis on Machinery and Mechanical equipment, Transport Equipment and parts, Base Metal, Chemicals, Food and Beverage and Mineral Products. The project is expected to be completed by 2014, its added.
Abdullah Belhoul, the managing director of Dubai Industrial City said: "The GCC economy and UAE’s economy in particular is witnessing a significant growth in all sectors and most importantly in the industrial sector, which contributes to building a diversified and a knowledge based economy."
"This considerable growth provides many opportunities for the industry players to seize, and we at Dubai Industrial City are keen to have a strong and advanced infrastructure ready in order to empower them exploit these opportunities and to enter the market as soon as possible," he noted.
"Moreover, this project is yet another proof of our ongoing efforts to meet all the requirements of our business partners," remarked Belhoul.
Many industrial companies based in Dubai Industrial City will benefit from this infrastructure development project, including Al Marai, Caparol, Rasasi Perfumes and Gulf Eternity. The project also provides the opportunity for new companies wishing to establish their business in the City.
Dubai Industrial City is strategically located next to the new Al Maktoum Airport (Dubai World Central) and in close proximity to the Jebel Ali Free Zone. It provides a traffic free environment with direct connections to the Emirates Road, Dubai By Pass Road providing easy and convenient access to global transportation points via road, air and sea.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Work to start on Bahrain beach project
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high
- $1.3bn infrastructure investment firm set up in Saudi
- Manara sees big project villa success
- Global giants eye RAK utility projects
- Cayan partners with international artist Zsuzsanna