Bahrain issues 4,402 building permits in 5 months
Manama, May 25, 2013
Bahrain's municipalities have issued 4,402 building permits during the first five months of the year.
This was stated by Municipalities and Urban Planning Affairs Minister Dr Juma Al Ka'abi yesterday as he highlighted achievements of the five municipal councils in the kingdom, reported the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
He said this reflects the speedy course of urban development and the confidence in Bahrain's investment climate.
Dr Al Ka'abi said the Central Municipality issued 1,410 permits followed by the Northern Municipality, which issued 437 permits and the Southern Municipality 358.
He said that the permits have added 1,396,159 sqm of space in the various governorates.
Dr Al Ka'abi said the ministry is keen to support the urban development and issue building permits according to the classification of the areas.
He said the municipalities had taken a series of measures aimed at facilitating investors' access to services, including electronic connectivity, delivery and receiving of building permits in digital form, as well as the application of quality systems and promoting investment surveys to gauge investors' satisfaction.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high
- $1.3bn infrastructure investment firm set up in Saudi
- Manara sees big project villa success
- Global giants eye RAK utility projects
- Cayan partners with international artist Zsuzsanna
- Samsung, Hyundai win $1.7bn Iraq deals