Bahrain launches project for 4,500 homes
Manama, May 22, 2013
The foundation stone for a 270-hectare project featuring up to 4,500 housing units, one of the key strategic development schemes in Bahrain, was laid yesterday (May 21), a report said.
His Majesty King Hamad deputised HRH Prince Salman bin Hamad Al Khalifa, the Crown Prince, Deputy Supreme Commander and First Deputy Premier, to attend the ceremony, according to the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
The Crown Prince hailed East Hidd housing project as part of the development process led by His Majesty.
He paid tribute to the government, led by HRH Prime Minister Prince Khalifa bin Salman Al Khalifa for the landmark achievements.
He also highlighted the importance of boosting the development momentum, stressing equality and justice between citizens.
The Crown Prince urged hope and dedicated efforts to promote stability and preserve the national identity.
The project, which includes housing units, flats and land plots, is part of official policies to construct full-fledged residential towns boasting all amenities.
"Once completed, it will contribute to meeting the applications on the waiting lists since 2009," Housing Minister Bassem Al Hamer said, paying tribute to the King for patronising the ceremony.
On behalf of citizens benefiting from the project, Helal Al Thawadi addressed the ceremony and thanked His Majesty.
The Crown Prince then laid the foundation, giving the go-ahead for work on the project to start.
Five-hundred housing units and an equal number of plots were distributed on the sidelines of the ceremony to citizens residing in Hidd, as part of the first stage of the multi-phase project. - TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- Damac launches luxury apartments at Expo site
- Kuwaitis top GCC property buyers in Oman
- Rubber World to showcase at Big 5 Saudi
- Tool to help create effective property listings
- 'Smart' move by Dubai Design District
- Drake unit wins $13m contract in India
- Solar-powered cleaning boats launched in Sharjah
- $27m Expo Hotel Sharjah deal signed
- Arabtec unit wins $282m Emaar contract
- Abu Dhabi to host pool & spa expo
- ADCM unit secures $213m bridging loan
- Cluttons Dubai launches new luxury apartments
- Dubai developer Damac profits triple to $641m
- Dubai to start work on $544m water canal
- Dubai property market can absorb 25,000 units
- Jones Lang LaSalle renamed 'JLL'
- Aldar raises synergy estimate from Sorouh merger
- UAE industrial property sector keeps up growth
- Dubai residential property prices up 26pc
- Majid Al Futtaim to build new mall in Dubai IMPZ
- 300 firms to take part in Dubai property forum
- Naseej inks deal to develop Bahrain projects
- Dadabhai unveils new residential project
- Flowcrete completes Dubai Mall project
- Global asphalt demand hits new high
- $1.3bn infrastructure investment firm set up in Saudi
- Manara sees big project villa success
- Global giants eye RAK utility projects
- Cayan partners with international artist Zsuzsanna
- Samsung, Hyundai win $1.7bn Iraq deals