Bahrain real estate prices slump
Manama, May 19, 2013
The real estate prices in troubled areas of the kingdom could witness further declines, warned a Bahrain property expert.
Land prices and rents in the Northern Governorate have fallen 40 to 60 per cent due to security issues, stated Nasser Al Ahli, the chairman of Bahrain Real Estate Society.
Juffair and Mahooz have witnessed 20 to 30 per cent drop in prices due to new policies adopted by financial institutions following the global financial crisis, he said.
However, population growth in residential areas of the Southern Governorate and Muharraq has seen land prices and rents go up, he added, reports our sister paper Akhbar Al Khaleej.-TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- UAE bids to host 2018 tunnelling congress
- Bin Faqeeh top sponsor of Gulf Property Show
- Summit to spotlight green building issues
- Cluttons to launch new brand in 2014
- Abu Dhabi’s project spend ‘to top $100bn’
- Israel, Jordan and Palestine ink landmark water deal
- Bahrain wastewater treatment plant upgraded
- Depa names new board directors
- Work to start on new Bahrain social centre
- Indian developer to open Dubai office