Sodic appoints new financial officer
Cairo, May 16, 2013
Leading Egyptian real estate developer Sodic that Salah Shafei has resigned from his position as chief financial officer, to be succeeded by Omar El-Hamawy, effective May 31.
El-Hamawy succeeds Shafei after almost six years with Sodic, successfully navigating through serious market challenges and continuing to create value for shareholders and clients. During Shafei’s tenure Sodic has continuously exceeded collection, delivery and net income targets, a statement from the company said.
In his capacity, El-Hamawy, an investment banking division director within Beltone for more than eight years, has been very focused on the real estate sector through his close involvement in both M&A and capital market transactions.
Hamawy’s solid banking experience and deep knowledge of the real estate sector make him a valuable addition to Sodic’s management team, supporting its future plans to further strengthen its leading position in the market, the statement said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Construction & Real Estate Stories
- UAE bids to host 2018 tunnelling congress
- Bin Faqeeh top sponsor of Gulf Property Show
- Summit to spotlight green building issues
- Cluttons to launch new brand in 2014
- Abu Dhabi’s project spend ‘to top $100bn’
- Israel, Jordan and Palestine ink landmark water deal
- Bahrain wastewater treatment plant upgraded
- Depa names new board directors
- Work to start on new Bahrain social centre
- Indian developer to open Dubai office